Sunday, January 10, 2010

Geese

When I realized I wanted to grow an edible garden I was excited and dismayed. Thinking I would need a plot of land for a garden I wasn’t sure what to do. I looked around the neighborhood for empty lots, and everything seemed like way too much work.

Then I remembered a saying my partner often uses; "Coucher Avec Le Oiles" otherwise translated as Sleeping with the Geese. His grandmother used this to describe making do with what you got. Since I didn’t have land for a garden I decided to create a garden above, attached and within the space I have, and in keeping with Geese, decided to build everything out of thrown away junk. I started scavenging and everything here was build with junk I found, and bamboo I cut out of the way to make room for planting...

This is my first edible garden – in, on, and throughout our urban property. Later tonight I’m going back out to scavenge more milk crates to screw to the southern fence.

Thanks go out to a special niece for inspiration!

"Coucher Avec Le Oiles" Thanks Val! This make more sense than most anything I've learned so far!

1 comment: