Wednesday, March 24, 2010

An Idea is blooming

It's amazing, just a few months ago I decided to grow an urban garden. I didn't know what I was doing and I didn't know how to go about creating a garden in an almost completely paved city back yard. Then it occurred to me to start collecting discarded lumber, old buckets, milk crates and any trash that could be converted to planters. Before I knew it I was out every day collecting old fences, building boxes, buying seeds, mixing soil and, well, learning how to plant a garden. Now, it's growing like wild fire!

The results taste pretty good. Soon enough we'll harvest more beans, then squash, peppers, onions, beets, peas, tomatoes...

This is proof again, that if you want to do something all you have to do is start. I'm always amazed, even after 56 years, that whenever I have a worthy idea all I have to do is allow it to take over, and before I know it, it's developing a life of its own.

And next...the farm!

1 comment:

  1. Why am I not surprised that we are doing something slightly similar . . .
    Love you & can't wait to taste what you're doing! - B www.westsidefarmproject.org

    ReplyDelete